Thursday, May 2, 2024

Customization Analysis Report (CAR Report)

 

The CAR Customization Analysis Report is a Microsoft Excel report. This report contains details of your customizations & artefacts, extension models, best practices issues, errors & warnings.

The report is in the form of a Microsoft Excel workbook. By using this command you can get Complete details of your BP Errors, warnings, and Errors.

Steps to make a Customized analysis report.

  1. Run Cmd in your development machine as administrator.
  2. Select the drive where your model and package lie in cmd. In my case my drive is K:\
    Review this example.
    For the first time, you will see this in your command prompt. You have to change the Directory according to your model and package.


    Now you go to main of C:\ by using this command cd\
    Capture1.PNG
    as you see you are in the main of C:\
    Now you have to go to the Drive where the Model Lies in my case It lies on K:\, so I have to change it to K:\
    Capture2.PNG
    Remember: You have to choose the right Drive as I say where your Model Lies. For Example  K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory
    In my case my Models are in Drive K and the path is mentioned above.
  3. Now Run the command
    K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\bin\xppbp.exe -metadata=”K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory” -all -model=”YourModelName” -xmlLog=C:\temp\BPCheckLogcd.xml -module=”YourModuleName” -car=c:\temp\CAReport.xlsx

    The Green Text shows the path where you want to save the report file, In my case I am not changing it. You can change as per your requirement.

  4. After success full command run you can see this.
    Capture3.PNG
    In my case, I have only 3 warnings and 0 errors. To see the detailed xlsx report you need to go to the path which you provided to save the file, in my case c:\temp\CAReport.xlsx this is my path.
  5. Find your xlsx Document.
    Capture4.PNG

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Requirement is Delete option in Vendor Master for all roles except System Administrator

   [FormControlEventHandler(formControlStr(VendParameters, VendParameters_YNV_VendorMasterDeletionOption), FormControlEventType::Modified)] ...